Friday, October 2, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Hobbies







As I told you last week, there's a new Crumpet's Nail Tarts challenge, called "40 Great Nail Art Ideas". There will my themes and color prompts (with personal pattern prompts) alternating. This week's theme is hobbies.





As some of you might know, I'm an avid reader (if you speak german and are interestend in books, check out my book blog). So I didn't have to think long about this prompt and chose "print nails" to show my love for books. My base color is OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (three coats), for the print stamping I used Vivid Lacquer plate VL 004 and Colors by Llarowe Luke, I Am Your Father. One coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top secured the stamping, one coat of Picture Polish G'Day Matte gave the mani its matte paper finish.













Colors By Llarowe are available at Llarowe and at Harlow & Co. Luke, I Am Your Father was exclusive to the may "A Box, Indied". The box with five polishes is available at Llarowe as a one month only box or as subscription (50$ per box).



14 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm also an avid reader (and a writer!). :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle <3
      I actually write for a living, but as a jurist, nobody really likes to read what I write ;-)

      Delete
  3. I'm a reader (and a writer) too, so I really appreciate this manicure!
    (There's a nail polish called "Luke, I'm your father!"?! LOOOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francine <3
      The polish was part of the Star Wars themed may "A Box, Indied", every polish of this box had a Star Wars related name :-)

      Delete
  4. First of all lovely mani, it's really hard to get that crisp print. Second omg I saw your book blog and I feel so jelly you read so much. Wish I could also read that much :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita <3
      Well, I read very fast (100-150 pages per hour), and I go to work by train, so it's not too hard for me to read that much ;-) And reading is not a competition, it's about the joy it brings you, right?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...