Tuesday, November 11, 2014

52 Week Challenge - Animals (wild) / Yellow







This week's 52 Week Challenge themes are yellow and/or wild animals. As soon as I read the theme combo, I knew I wanted to try an african sunset theme.





For the sunset background, I started with Catrice Ernie&Birdie, a sunny yellow creme. Sadly, the formula is pretty poor. The picture shows three coats, and I wouldn't want to wear it like that, it's still patchy and uneven.





For the gradient I used the yellow Catrice, OPI My Very First Knockwurst, OPI Planks A Lot and Essence Baby, Baby, Ooh. Somehow, spongeing a gradient just didn't work, the base wouldn't take the colors. Since patience isn't one of my virtues, I decided to change method and used a fan brush to apply the gradient.





The animal scene I added using MoYou London Explorer Collection plate 10 and black Essence stamping polish. One coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top provided a glossy finish.













6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...