Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Box, Indied - That Boy Is A P-I-G Pig







With the next polish of the august „A Box, Indied“, Crows Toes This Boy Is A P-I-G Pig, I made a layering experiment with a surprising outcome…




As base color I used Cult Nails Ms. Conduct, a dark chocolate brown creme with plum undertones. Application was very easy, I used two thin coats for opacity.






Then I added one coat of P-I-G. Take a look at the bottle: a sheer soft pink shimmer with silver-y flakies. Then take a look back at the previous picture, this dark chocolate color. Then look at the following pictures. Soft pink + dark brown = blue! (well, actually, it was a blue/purple duochrome)
Of course I added one layer of topcoat (KBShimmer Clearly On Top).














Crows Toes polishes are available at Llarowe and Overall Beauty. That Boy Is A P-I-G Pig is exclusive to the august "A Box, Indied". The box is available at Llarowe as a one-time-only box or as a monthly subscription.



10 comments:

  1. Spectacular!!! This pig is amazing (hahahah - silly me)! No honestly, I never expected this little number to be so multi faceted and I find despite its pale base it carries quite some spruce, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks somewhat boring in the bottle, but there's way more to it than the first glance promises :-)

      Delete
  2. Just awesome this result! Whatch out this is a new polish born :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still fascinated about the color change with this combo ;-)

      Delete
  3. The base color on their own isn't too interesting to me, but topped with flakies you really made them look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, the base color is somewhat boring, that's why it was waiting with my untrieds for ages ;-)

      Delete
  4. Der Überlack gibt einen richtig schönen Effekt. Gefällt mir super gut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Wiebke! Soweit ich auf anderen Blogs sehen konnte, scheine ich die einzige zu sein, die ihn als Überlack getragen hat, sonst habe ich nur Solo-Bilder gefunden...

      Delete
  5. Another very interesting combination! Looks gorgeous, as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...