Saturday, May 31, 2014

Comparison Post - Black Lace Elderberry and Half Past Yesterday





While wearing Pahlish Black Lace Elderberry I showed you yesterday, it reminded me somewhat of Crows Toes Half Past Yesterday (shown here), so I decided to swatch them together for a comparison post.

 





Already the bottleshot shows that these two are maybe somewhat similar, but very far from dupes. The glitter in Black Lace Elderberry is much redder that the one in Half Past Yesterday. Half Past Yesterday misses the flakie glitter, but has a strong copper shimmer that gives the jelly base an almost golden shine, noticable lighter and warmer than Black Lace Elderberry's base.







Half Past Yesterday on my index and ring finger, Black Lace Elderberry in my middle and pinkie finger. Three coats each plus one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.







 Pahlish polishes are available on Bigcartel, at Overall Beauty and at Llarowe. I bought mine at the Bigcartel shop. 


Crows Toes polishes are available at Llarowe and Overall Beauty.


6 comments:

  1. Another fabulous find :-) Thanks for the dupe find and the comparison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to make more comparison posts, with more than 1300 polishes (I know, that's sick), there are a lot of (near-) dupes around :-)

      Delete
  2. Great comparison - and you are right both are totally worth owning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon! I hope to find the time to make regular comparison posts, I always consider them handy when I can't get a partucular polish, or thinking about gettinmg it :-)

      Delete
  3. A great comparison! Both shades had my interest but seeing them side by side made me realize I much prefer the Pahlish shade :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help with your decicion :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...